Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bubble Cake

BuBbLe CaKe!

 
This cake was so fun! We called it the bubble cake. It defiantly had its challenges for me as well though. I think I was just having an off day because I have to re make my fondant several times. It was just not coming out right. There were also more seams to cover than I usually ever have… But once the fondant started to work right it was smoothing sailing.
This is what I used for the tag and #1
 
 
I first made the #1 and the name tag out of gum paste a couple days ahead of time so it had plenty of time to harden. I cut the name tag with a decorative rolling cutter and I just eyeballed the design. I used one of my gum paste tools that had a star like shape at the tip and made small impressions to create the stars on the tag. I thinly rolled gum paste that I had colored and made the letters. I got the letters to stick by using a tiny bit of water. (The shinny is the water and once it was dry that was not visible any more) I rolled gum past to make the #1 as well. I also took a paint brush and got the #1 damp and covered it in edible shimmer dust to make it sparkly.
 
 
 
This is what I used for the white cake.
 
 
First layers done, second layers about to go in the oven! They I froze them!
 
The next day I made the filling and frosted the cake. This is what I used to make a raspberry filling… I have since made a different raspberry filling that I liked better. This one had too many seeds for my liking.
 
 Butter Cream!
 
 Putting the filling in before covering with butter cream
 
Covered in butter cream
 
 
Making the fondant.
 
Marshmallows and water after 1 min in the microwave. Then mix it and it gets smooth. Add the powder sugar and mix until you can need it. This is what it looks like after kneading it.
 
 
 
 Add Color
 Roll and cover cakes!
 
At this point i was having fondant issues so I forgot to take more pictures! So this is the finished product. I made lots and lots of balls and put them all over. I held a few in with toothpicks if they did not what to stay. I also cut stripes, decorative strives and polka dots!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment